This is what it's really about, right?
After reading Twilight for 8 hours I needed a little break, so I stole this nostalgic questionnaire from the lovely Fig. Thanks Fig.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?Bought a car. Lit a propane campstove. Slept with a man. Went through the temple. Visited Las Vegas. Cried often.(the last half) Started a blog. Watched a game of golf. Voted.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember what they were, so I'm not sure. I'll probably make more for next year because I need goals in my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Laurel. (Kind of amazing that she's the only one.)
In my dreams? Several European ones, and recently Japan.
March 7, the day Slice stepped off the plane and I knew things would never be the same.
March 13, Slice's birthday. He drove to Provo, took me to dinner, and stayed WAY too late. He got stuck in a snowstorm and spent the night in Daniel's Canyon.
March 16, the day Slice spoke in church (and I sang); we were dating by then.
April 20, the day I said yes.
June 20, the day I said yes again. Forever.
September 10, Grandpa died.
November 1, I lost a baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?Finishing school, I think. Or getting married in the temple.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Yeah, my 3-month bout with strep. Whatever misery that was before/during our Flaming Gorge reunion. And my neverending winter cold.
First-time voters who turned out in droves.
Mine, too often. The government's, even more often. Black Friday shoppers.
Rent and gas. Darn it all.
Not Enough, Flaw (Shawna knows why); I don't wanna be in Love, Good Charlotte; Won't Go Home Without You, Maroon 5; Viva la Vida, Coldplay
a) happier or sadder? happier, definitely
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? richer, in many ways
brooding, cleaning, web surfing
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I went to church, found a red rose, smooched my husband. I was 21.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A longer courtship? Smaller wedding dress? Better hair day on June 20th?
But I did fancy Sarah Palin.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?The blasted bailout.
35. Who did you miss?Far-away siblings and old roommates, friends. Provo in general.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My bishop's wife. She's a kindred spirit.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Some dreams are really hard to let go of.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
these are the days you will remember