11.19.2008

So I used to be a knife salesman


Slice and I did some major cleaning/throwing away/reorganization last night, which made me very happy. Clean house = happy wife, no?

In one corner-box was my old leather carrying case with Cutco book, demo leather and rope, sharpening video, etc. Yes, I used to sell Cutco. I'm totally sold on Cutco; my mom has had her set for almost 30 years. THIRTY YEARS with one (free) sharpening and do you know how much use those knives have gotten?

Twelve kids, over a hundred relatives, ward and neighborhood party-hosting...
(Because for 10 years we had the biggest house...)

Forever Guarantee people. Anyway.

Slice pulled out the carrying case and was going through my stuff, no doubt chuckling at the fact that his wife used to sell knives. I guess, if you think about it, it's kind of funny.

He found my binder.
S: "Are these your receipts?"
Me: "Yes."
S: "Of stuff you sold?"
Me: "Yes."
S: "Wow, you sold that much?"
Me: "Yes, thank you--Why are you so surprised?"

5 comments:

  1. And all this time I've totally made fun of Cutco knives (without using one, of course). Now I'm curious.

    Seriously, only ONE sharpening?

    You sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wishing for some time that you still sold them. :( I would totally ask for only that next Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're fabulous Fig, no lie. I had a rude awakening when I went to college and tried to cook with roommates' knives (how do you people live?!). Then I bought my own demo set.

    My parents give them for Christmas/Mothers Day/Graduation gifts, and they never disappoint.

    The Trimmer and Petite Carver are my personal favorites....the ice cream scoop is great too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss CUTCO! So so so much! Rach I am still holding you to the agreement that we made that when I get married that is what you are giving me for my wedding present. (If you don't remember this conversation this is your reminder :) ) I will even let you give it to me for my bridal shower gift. The only one of that sort :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...I never knew you sold Cutco! That's funny! Jason and I need to recruit you to sell alarm systems with us this summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.