11.24.2008

It's adios reality

My newly-found fame might be going to my head.


Friday I found a biography of President Lyndon Johnson, signed by the subject, in my very own library. Pretty much the entire school knows about it by now.
Yesterday I sang in church with my brother, and people asked me about voice lessons all day!
It was awesome!
{the musical number actually wasn't my best--but we only had 12 hours' notice. dumb phone.}

Today, I'm wearing dangly earrings.....to work.


Hard to believe, I know. Earrings and I have never gotten along well, much to the dismay of my Better Half. This is probably because my ears aren't pierced, also to the dismay of Better Half. One time I got a surplus projector and screen (for $6!) from work, and I was so excited I called Slice to tell him that I had a surprise for him. His first question was: "You got your ears pierced??" Imagine the disappointment.
(And I thought he would be so excited! After all, he's like, the Projector King!)

Anyway, I can think of two previous instances in which I've worn dangly earrings. I think both times had to do with "Prom." My head has been swinging much more than usual...
...not unlike little girls with painted fingernails do everything daintily.
Only different.

(How do you feel about pierced ears?)

10 comments:

  1. So . . . are they clip-on danglies? Don't they HURT?

    I feel good about pierced ears, except when I see them on babies, or any children, really. That makes me dry-heave. I got mine pierced when I was 18, and have worn earrings pretty much every day of my life since then. Most faces are flattered when framed by dangly accents - plus earrings are a cheap splurge when you've got to have something new and pretty.

    The LBJ thing is still rocking my world, and I too would like to inquire about voice lessons, when I am back in the Ross. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course, I meant the Roos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a strong aversion to baby- and child-piercings. Mean parents.
    I had to wait until 18 and by that time I thought, what's the point? I do think they're fun and lovely, and feminine. I'm still contemplating piercing them at some point.

    And yeah, these do hurt a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really look very hot in them. I'd seriously consider the piercing, if I were you. (Also, I can pretty much guarantee that the piercing of your ears will hurt less than the wearing of the clip-ons, since I've done both.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon this blog. Cool photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got mine pierced at 13 and again at 19. I don't think i'm a big earring person, but i was while i was single in college... go figure. I got lazy when i got married, which i hear is normal. Now i just wear little ones when i remember to wear them. Anyhow, i figure if you want to wear them regularly, you gotta start young. Brian, however, refused point blank to let me pierce our girls' (if we get any) before they're old enough to understand. I go back and forth with what i want to do.

    have you heard that new taylor swift song? Very high school-esque. i say this because i'm at my parents' house and my little sister is in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got virgin ears and am proud of it. There are days when I would kill for a good pair of hoops or blingin' beads, but on average, I love my low-maintenance ears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until i was 12. that was a rule. then, at 12, i wasn't allowed either magically. the rule was then changed to 18. then, when i was 15 i was in choir and my choir got a manditory uniform which required manditory earrings. i got my ears peirces, haven't regretted it, but i don't wear earrings every day. sometimes i wear studs, sometimes hoops. ray, i think you look fab in your earrings and would hope you continue the trend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool danglies. I got my ears pierced when I was 4 and I have to admit, I hardly wear earrings. Those are pretty rockin accessories, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danglies hurt my ears :( They pull and it's really uncomfortable. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.