12.01.2008

just checking in

I feel pretty good about my life when I’m too busy living it to write about it. But not so good when I don’t take pictures. Then my blog is like an old empty journal, and I have enough of those already! Oh well, you’ll just have to trust me when I say that last week was pretty much fantastic. Some highlights:
  • Sister in town from St. Louis again! And a wee bit pregnant. This makes 4 expected babies [in the family] in the early months of next year….yes, that is one for each of my married siblings. Is the pressure on? *ahem* Do you even need to ask?
  • Kung Fu Panda made me laugh.
  • Still haven’t taken the final for the class that was supposed to be finished, ah, a week ago. This has caused some frustration and anxiety. Because If I don’t get my diploma……
  • Two-pronged reunion with the high school friends. The boys played basketball while I watched (as usual) (only it was different this time), and Friday night Slice and I hosted a cake-waffle party complete with the most hilarious game of Curses I’ve ever seen. Rhett and Napoleon and Lucky Charms, oh boy.
  • Nacho Libre made me fall asleep.
  • Shopping-free Black Friday, of course. Instead of being trampled by crazy mobs we went
  • skeet shooting on the land in Not-Gusher. (I forget where it really is, Tridell? Lapoint? I don’t know the difference.) I was reminded of how terrible I am at shooting moving targets, how fond I am of my .22 long rifle, and
  • how fun baseball is! Holy cow! We played two innings of wild ball with a tennis ball, 14 players aged 7 to 50, and clay pigeons for bases. The cowpies and knee-high weeds made for good, good times. Seriously.
  • The Errand of Angels made my heart hurt for Vienna. Has it really been 2 years? I still dream about Europe all the time, I think that is abnormal but I’m hoping it’s a sign that I’ll be back there SOON. Please?
  • Sore throat again. I think it's a routine cold (as the symptoms suggest), but I still worry that the 3-month bout of Strep has caused lasting damage.
  • Combined lesson in YW yesterday about the temple, which I gave. I think it went well. Can't wait for our Salt Lake trip!
  • Family sealing session in the temple Saturday. Grandpa W. officiated and we sealed 18 couples, 18 daughters and 17 sons to loved ones. The best part was that they were family names! Yay Mom! The worst part was my husband wasn’t there. Matt, I guess, is the next best thing. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.