11.06.2008

Most likely to end up poor, brilliant and ridiculously happy? Oh that's me, definitely.

A senior came in today, angry about the results of the senior personality vote.
"I am not a moocher!"
"Well, brown-nosing and mooching are the same thing, and we didn't have a moocher....so we changed biggest brown-noser to biggest moocher." Yearbook staffers are always defending their actions. (Even when they don't make sense.) (No offense if you were a yearbook staffer.)

I interjected. "Brown-nosing and mooching are NOT the same thing. Not." The kid was grateful.
And the debate continued, while I reminisced about my own senior year....

I'm sure none of these kids are as upset about their own nomination as I was about mine. Most likely to live in a shoe with LOTS of kids? Are you kidding me?? As if most likely to have the most kids wasn't bad enough, I will be living in a shoe with them, not knowing what to do.

I wasn't so bitter because I disagreed with it - chances are I WILL have the most kids out of my senior class, duh - but because of the conniving, devious, evil plot that earned me the title. My friends all voted, together, while I was AWAY. Gone HOME for LUNCH. With ROB, who earned the OTHER HALF of the title. You people are evil.

Fine, I'll admit it, I was hoping for something better. I never hoped for Best Eyes or Really Really Ridiculously Good-Looking, come on, but what about Most Ladylike or Best Laugh? Was Most Talented too much to ask? for the Music Sterling Scholar???

If you could only see the picture in the yearbook...

But no - I will go down in Union Class of 2005 history as the girl most likely to have the most kids. Or, if you will, to live in a shoe with LOTS of them. Guess I better get to work.

Hey Rob, you wanna have a contest?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, I know you're upset, but I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Why did he never tell me? Most kids and live in a SHOE? Still chuckling.

    Also, I started reading, saw someone assuring someone else that mooching and brown-nosing are the same thing, thought it was you, and freaked out. Then I realized that it wasn't, and breathed a sigh of relief.

    Finally, you have gorgeous eyes. I'd have voted for you on that one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv ya, Rachel! You're definately "Best Laugh" AND "Most Talented" in my book!
    Sincerely yours,
    Class of '94's "Most Likely to be Forever Single" - Box Elder High School :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fig, I can honestly say that today was the first day I've thought about it and not been upset. My post would suggest otherwise, but I've actually been chuckling all day. Because, the point of the joke wasn't just that we were both going to have the most kids, but that we would have them TOGETHER. Whoops.
    I'm guessing that Rob didn't tell you for one of a few reasons: 1--he was ashamed, in which case I wouldn't blame him; 2--it wasn't a big deal to him (at least not as big as it was for me) or 3--he didn't mind much, but since I got worked up anytime it was mentioned, we tried to forget about the whole thing.
    I'm serious about the contest though.
    And thank you for the compliment.

    Amy, really? You proved THEM wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that was definitely my favorite part.

    For the record, I didn't really ever think you and the Rob would have millions of babies and live in a shoe together, or even live in a house together. I would have been fine with it - right now you are making a FINE sister-in-law for someone - but I could've told those high school hosers it wasn't in the cards.

    So funny to look back, and be glad for things not turning out the way they were imagined/planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay really, that picture of you two is one of the reasons I love my senior yearbook. I mean really...highly hilarious. Plus at least a lot of thought went into giving you that title. Even if it wasn't that wanted :) Still now you can have lots of kids with Slice. It's all good now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.