10.24.2008

My favorite library patrons

6. The boy who looked me up online comes in almost every day now. I couldn't figure out why he kept complaining to me about his heavy backpack, until I realized that he checks out the 50-pound encyclopedia type books - every time he comes in. Dude, it's your own fault!
*I still ignore him whenever possible.

5. Speaking of, the above-mentioned boy has a CLONE, I swear. Clone-boy used to give me an unpleasant jolt every time he came in (like his other half), until I looked harder. Not the same boy! Phew.

4. One very frequent patron, who is always pleasant and respectful, brought us Tootsie Rolls and Starbursts today. 2 bags of candy! Now what did we do to deserve that?

3. Special Ed students are the greatest. One gets super-frustrated when we can't understand anything she's saying. Another is a student aide of ours; when he doesn't have a specific task to do, he paces the floor behind the desk, interrogating me on my knowledge of pre-historic reptiles and extinction theories. Also he can't stand it when my computer goes to screensaver - or even goes dim - so he bumps the mouse if he sees that happening.

2. "Do you have any books on witchcraft....?"

1. One kid is sporting long black hair, fake fangs, and long fingernails painted black. I think he's read Twilight one too many times. Then again, maybe not?

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    These are some of my favorites too. By the way I think the fangs extend in both directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the witchcraft one. You just have to wonder about that kid.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.