10.21.2008

I've been tagged

by Bree Anne so I opened up my 4th picture folder and picked the 4th picture. This is pretty random...I will explain.

This dashing young fellow was a refugee in an Integration House in Vienna, granted political asylum in Austria. These youth lived with other refugee families in a former hotel. They spent 4-5 hours a day in intensive German classes, learning how to survive.

My European Studies class visited this Integrationhaus and when we paired up for interviews, I got to talk to this guy. I can't remember his name (I couldn't pronounce it anyway), but he was from Chechnya, a Muslim of course. In our broken German we started talking; he began by asking about my religion. He wanted to know if we were Christian, asked about a man on TV and people singing together.....I pretty much freaked out. I told him what I could about the Word of Wisdom and our Prophet and General Conference in Salt Lake City, probably incoherently. It totally made my day.

I wonder where he is now?

1 comment:

Talk to me.