10.29.2008

I is for Irony: Part 2

I should probably clarify a couple things before posting more old goodies.

My first year of college was an incredibly difficult time for me. Instead of moving into a campus dorm with an apartment full of freshmen, I moved into a house with my sister, her husband and 6-month-old son. My ward was like 80% RMs (including the females), i.e. much older than I was.....I made few friends in my ward and even fewer in my classes.
Basically, I was a hermit in Provo.

{Remember the Lu tragedy?}

Laurel was my best friend in 6th, 7th grade - and confidante after I moved away. She provided an extra female factor when I needed one with my mainly male friends. Doesn't everyone need a good friend who is thinner, shorter, prettier and much more fun? I think so. She makes this story infinitely better.....
And I (still) love her a lot.

But enough preliminary explanation:

D:Hey
It would be very kind of you if you could please bring my pillow to me on Wednesday and if you could please find my toothbrush and maybe Laurels email address and maybe some sort of an idea of what I can get you for your Bday, I am pretty much stumped. Well it is Monday and I decided not to call Laurel until tomorrow, for two reasons first because Monday seems to fast and I have to think about something to talk about. So maybe you could help me out with that one too. well I am going to read some scriptures so night.

Oh yeah Thanks for letting us come up and stay with you it really was fun to get away for a while and it was good to see my sister.
D

Me: Hey Slice,
I ws planning on bringing *your* pillow to you when I come home Wednesday...although I have enjoyed using it the last two nights. As for the toothbrush, I'll see if I can find it. Those are a little harder to locate.
You also left a tie.
Well, Laurel's email address is ---@yahoo.com. I'm sure she would love to hear from you anytime. Talk to her about anything--people, food, favorites. You don't need to get anything for my birthday, if I get to see you that will be enough. However, if Matt still needs ideas, tell him I would love some piano music. Or towels, books, CDs, sweaters, anything really. = )
I'm really glad you two came to see your sister; definitely made my week. I hope you had fun.
I'm planning on being in Roosevelt tomorrow around 2:00, and leaving early Thursday morning. I don't know if anyone wants to do anything. But I better go--lunch break's almost over. Back to work. Have a lovely day,
R E

4 comments:

  1. Rachel- did you start going by your middle name? I was very confused for a minute. I'm glad I can see your blog too. Your pics from the wedding look magnificent. I wish we could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment, I noticed A Separate Peace on the blog. I just finished teaching that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there's a long story behind "jean"...but mostly, I wanted to be cool. Sorry for the confusion. :)
    And I'm a little jealous that you are teaching. I LOVE the book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww...the memories. So, I admit, I was crunching on D too, but I think that all three of us knew that you two were destined to be together, even back then. And because D doesn't read this blog, I can safely say (without him raising a huff puff)that he only liked me to make you jealous. :)

    P.S.- On contraire, my dear, everyone needs a tall, brilliant, blonde in their life to help their self esteem plummet each day.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.