10.07.2008

Today, two years ago



I recently remembered that I once went to Vienna, Austria for a Study Abroad. Two years ago. Then I found my journal and read the entry from October 7, 2006 and wanted to write it all again for you since I didn't have a blog back then. If you don't want to read it, stop reading....now.

"Well, earlier today I ran to the Hofburg (after a manner of speaking)and watched the Spanish Riding School morning exercise with music. That was cool. We left early, however...came back and shopped for our dinner tomorrow. It was quite an adventure! First: cooking for 34 people, getting recipes and multiplying them by 6. Second: finding a grocery store that carries chicken broth. Third: finding the chicken broth (when you don't know what it's called in German). Fourth: converting kilos to pounds; figuring out how much chicken to buy. Fifth: finding vanilla extract. (We never did.) Sixth: packing the sacks and carrying them all the way to Bro. Jacobs' apartment. Whew! Our dinner is going to be fantastic.

{It was SUCH A PAIN carrying all that stuff through the streets of Vienna with just the 3 of us. I still remember how much my arms hurt afterward.}

"Yesterday was school-free, so after I awoke and read scriptures, etc., I went with Maggie {my roommate} to the school, where we met Natalie, Katie, Becca and Lindsay and headed out to


Schloss Schoenbrunn.



We explored the gardens a bit more - it was a gorgeous day - and also wandered around through the maze & labyrinth, playing like 6 yr olds.



We also went through the the Carriage Museum where I saw the carriage that Napoleon rode on his way to be crowned king of Rome. Very cool. The whole museum was very interesting actually. But Becca, Natalie & I had to hurry from there to get to school at 2. Then Dr. Janda met us there and walked us to the Parliament Building for a tour. We toured the entrance, marble hall, the Nationalrat and the Bundesrat.



Then Dr. Janda walked us by the 'White House' and Supreme Court building. I went home and ate, then went to the Opera and sat in line for tickets to Onegin the ballet, standing room of course. The ballet was magnificent! Beautiful, I enjoyed it very much. Then we went to Zanoni and I got ice cream. Mmmm."

2 comments:

  1. So reading this particular post makes me remember the good ol' Belmont days of carrying groceries from Smith's because I didn't want to drive. Also it made me long for the old days of Dates with just you and me! Oh Rach, how I miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.