10.14.2008

As if it wasn't already hard enough to get out of bed...



... A house this cold doesn't make it any easier.

Slice and I have not been able to use our heater yet; Questar's supposed to come today to unlock it (or whatever they do). This has made for some, ah, chilly autumn mornings at our house. And afternoons and evenings and nights. I found an old article the other day reporting that Roosevelt had reached a record low of -47 degrees. Oy. (that was a tangent)
In the meantime, I've become a bit obsessed with the thermometer....and with devising means to warm the house....poor Mr. Morgan. But thank heavens for afternoon sunshine!




4 comments:

  1. ray i agree i can't get out of bed if it's freezing. i layed there wide awake for a half an hour cause my room is the coldest in the house. dang.

    also, how is "a child called it"... i have wanted to read that but the guy came to elko once where i saw him and he trash talked mormons if i recall right. anyway, hope you love it and tell me to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you reading "A Child Called It"? That's like the saddest book ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I read "A Child Called It" and also the sequel "The Lost Boy." Both were hard to read. Actually, I found the first book more harrowing than Elie Wiesel's "Night." Maybe it was the writing style (Wiesel seems almost numb), but I found Pelzer's experience to be much more up-close and personal. It was really sad and I hate his mother more than I've ever hated anyone....and I've never met her. I don't think that was his intention, but anyway. Don't read it if you get too involved in books, or if you don't have a tough stomach.
    You're tough Jane, I know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A Child Called It" bummed me out enough that I didn't need a sequel. Hideous woman. I remember thinking while I read it (six years ago) that if I got the opportunity to kill her, I totally would. I think that's probably not true anymore, but still, I know where you're coming from.

    Haven't read "Night" - I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.