9.04.2008

Yes, folks, I AM a book.

Mr. Morgan, AKA Slice, informed me late last night that he knows everything about me. Furthermore, that he can read me like a book...just by looking at my face.

Are you kidding me?

Apparently, after two months of marriage (don't forget the two months of engagement and FIVE WEEKS of dating before that) (but do forget the four years of school together), my husband can read me like a book.
I couldn't help but think of Snape's nasty retort during Occlumency lessons with Harry Potter: "You think you can read minds like a book?" (Sneer.) The mind is much more complex than that.

And, I submit, so is the personality. I'd like to think that there's a whole lot more to me than meets the eye, even in 6 years of acquaintance and 5 months of near-constant companionship. After all, as Dumbledore said, "It is our choices which make us who we are, far more than our abilities."
I wasn't as nasty as Snape--didn't say much at all after that, actually--but the comment left me wondering. How in the world can anyone say that to someone else? Cocky, sir, just a little cocky.

That's one of the reasons I love the man. He makes me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. does he think he knows you because you are the scholarly type and he is not? And because the non-scholarly types seem to just know what the scholarly types are thinking all of the time? You know, scholarly things, of course. Huh. Maybe not. I mean, i worked with you almost everyday for almost two years. The two years he missed out on. Honestly. I'll let you figure out what point i'm trying to make. This is because I can't think right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I submit that it doesn't take long to figure out a lot about someone when you live with them . . . but I also acknowledge that after living with Dizzle for over four years, there are still plenty of times we baffle each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I echo the statement you make in your header (about the wannabe-intellectual and the golfer). Can I just say ditto to that?

    Golfers are hot.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.