9.09.2008

Day 1

The Good:
BOOKS! Books books books. I'd almost forgotten the indulgent pleasure I used to feel in libraries (think Everafter). For the last 3 years my relationship with HBLL was, shall we say, strained. I was usually rushing in to print an assignment, searching for a dusty old book among the millions of miles of shelves, or lugging around 20 books already from which I needed to study.
How many times I wished I could sit and read for pleasure! No longer!
Also the library is the brightest place in the school. I do love sunlight.

The Bad:
High School Bathrooms, not least trying to ignore teengae-girl-on-her-cell phone with unknown-abusive-teenage boy, telling him not to try to get her back. Please, spare us.

The Ugly:
Clothes. Oh, the clothes. Why are skinny jeans back in style???
I wish there was an Honor Code for everyone. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! You have a blog!!

    You're such a great writer- I look forward to getting laughs, insights, and updates often!

    Love you!

    The Farrers

    PS- When can we come visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog! It said you were a follower of mine (whatever that means?!?) and I found yours..but then I read that you are trying an experiment with it, so I'll refrain from adding you to my list just yet.

    And right now, I am sitting in the HBLL. I am calm though, for once. Just killing an hour between classes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.