9.10.2008

Why I got married


Slice has been home from Japan 6 months and 3 days; his half-birthday's 3 days away.
I may be the only one in the world who celebrates half-birthdays. There is a reason, but that's another story for another day.

And since Slice doesn't read this blog (or at least I think he doesn't...his reaction when I said "I started a blog today": eyes rolling out the back of the head), I can write about him as much as I want to. Yessss.

Last night we were getting ready for bed, with Mrs. Morgan Tired + Stressed + Headachey + Expecting a phone call informing that her Grandfather passed away.

And then it started to rain.

Man, I love rain.

Somewhere amidst my dread of this morning's early alarm--and the Expected Phone Call--I really wanted to watch it. Me: "I want to watch the rain."

So Mr. Morgan wrapped me up in blankets, sat me on our rickety wooden bench, and held me as we watched the rain from our porch. I always wanted a porch bench.
This morning, I got up and read and showered and dressed; I fully expected Slice to stay in bed since he didn't have work until this afternoon (and he was still asleep when I got in the shower). But when I was almost ready to go, he had a plate of eggs and toast waiting for me and a lunch hanging on the doorknob.
My husband takes good care of me.

2 comments:

  1. I feel a curious combination of "Aw, sweet" and "Ew, gross" coming on.

    I'll go with the first one.

    Aw, sweet.

    How's Grandpa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the cutest story ever. Love it. Love you. Love life.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.