9.24.2008

Scrap This

So my Beehives scrapbooked tonight for a class activity.
3 words: WASTE. OF. TIME.
Pretty sure I'm outnumbered by women who like to scrapbook, so I have to be careful, but I just don't understand how intelligent people can spend hundreds of dollars and SO MANY HOURS cutting pictures and cutesy paper and sticking on stickers and ribbons and letters. Ugh.

Like in 20 years I'll look at a page and remember my happy life better because the paper has polka dots on it??? Or because the picture has jagged edges? I'd probably look at a page and remember the time I wasted putting together the blasted scrapbook instead of making more memories or doing something good for someone else. That I could recall with my excellent memory.

Besides, who has room for all that stuff in their house? Your house is too big. De-Clutter, that's my motto....even if only because I've moved 10 times in the last 3 years. Huh.

Also, I love this video. If you have 4 minutes to watch something "nice" (OK, cheesy), you should watch it right now. I wish my hair looked like Taylor Swift's, for real.

7 comments:

  1. I will NEVER understand the scrapbooking phenomenon.

    Taylor Swift is such a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the taylor swift song/video. beautiful.

    scrapbooking is fun, if you have time for it... but i usually *cough*never*cough* have time for it. you're right though, lots of money and time spent where you could be doing other things.

    sounds like you're good.

    by the way, i LOVE your new piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, for me, scrapbooking is a release. I love it. I love designing a page, pulling together colors and a fun layout.
    Then again, I scrapbook very differently from most of the Creative Memories-stickers everywhere-decorative scissors-type deal.
    And I love looking at the pages I've made later on...I only scrapbook photos that are very important to me and have a lot of meaning.
    But hey - you are welcome to your opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think the idea of scrapbooking is honorable you could say. Some may say it's the cutesy way of recording their lives. But the money going into and i has to look so perfect or you didn't do well. I think digital is the way to go. Because you can get the pages already made up and just slip your pictures in. I hope to one day figure out the digital scrapbooking world, because I think I could do that better! Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!! Finally, someone who understands! All these years I've been hiding in the dark, ashamed of my-uncrafty self! Terrified of consequences similar to the Salem Witch Trials, I never revealed my true interests and usually exercised the standard "smile and nod" during conversations about stamping, embossing, and pasting. But now...hooray! A friend who will burn the buttons, rip the ribbons, and smash the stamps with me! Together, Ray, we will rule the world!

    P.S.- To scrapbookers: My tool belt can beat up your zig-zag scissors any day. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel's hair + 20 minutes of highlights + straightener/curling iron = Taylor Swift's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jane! We love the piano too. Even though it REALLY needs a good tune.
    Kels, I like the digital scrapbooking idea. I kind of feel like my blog is a digital scrapbook....and that's fun.

    Laurel. I always knew we were kindred spirits. I've been timid about my dislike of scrapbooking for a long time now....and I'm glad I have a partner in crime. And once again, your delightful comments have made me LOL. Literally.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.