1.31.2009

It's Official


The period of my life I call "college" ended as quietly as it began.

How did it begin again?

Oh yeah. One day in late July, I came home from work and my mom started crying. She had talked to Angie, who said if I wanted to work at SE I'd have to get my application in, because they wanted someone to start August 1st. I did, so I did.
After many phone calls, an interview and even more phone calls, I left Roosevelt with a car-full of clothes and a tank full of gas.

I came home (at least) every other weekend for the next year.

Can you blame me? I was sending off my best friends one by one -

to Missouri, Taiwan, Japan, Russia, Mexico - and having a pretty hard time of it.

Around the beginning of February I realized that I was, quite literally, becoming a hermit. I had no roommates and almost no friends. It was time for a big change.

So I moved in with these girls

and they started me on the path to re-socialization. We studied, ate, played and planned. One thing that I never planned for was this:

I give you the Most Awkward Picture in the History of Mankind. (I can't believe I'm putting it up, really, except that it's so hideous I find it amusing.....) You're welcome.
This was taken the night Slice came to Provo to say good-bye, after he cooked us a delicious meal and we talked on the couch until *ahem* past curfew.
I gave him a sweet letter and some missionary gifts -along with a very awkward hug- and he cried the whole way home.

6 comments:

  1. So I clicked on that picture of my boys, to see it big, and instead of the boys, I saw that end picture of you and Slice. Not having read to the end and seen it in small version yet, I was surprised and really entertained to have it pop up full-size unexpected. So, I just have to live with the boys being small. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Was he in love with you that whole time? Just waiting and hoping for things to change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the...I have no idea why that picture is morphing. I'm sorry you had to see the bad one in full size.

    And yes, he tells me he was in love with me the whole time. He was cooking for my roommates and me, trying to win me over.

    Obviously it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, again, on it being "official"! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh golly, that last pic is PAINFUL! You would think that the "elephant in the room" problem would be solved with the outdoor setting, but it's not at all! The awkwardness is stifling, really. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, elephant in the room? What's going on?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.