1.28.2009

I know it's cliche to be reading the Twilight series

but I am, and they're nowhere near the best books I've read. In fact, the writing often makes me cringe. But it's an interesting tale so I keep reading.

I think it's cruel (also very good business) to put a chapter of the next book into the previous one. One, I get to the end of the book, thinking there will be more to the story and BAM! it's The End of this one. I'm seriously putting off finishing this one just because I know there's a chapter there that doesn't belong to this book. I remembered today that the book's not as long as I've been thinking it is.
Two, I don't want to get hooked on a book before I get it. There are 10 copies of Breaking Dawn checked out right now, 2 overdue, and it would be simply absurd for me to have to get a book from the county library. Cruel, I tell you, cruel.

Also - I've been rooting for Jacob this whole time, I really have. Bella is stupid.
I married my Jacob.

2 comments:

  1. Bella really does drive me crazy too.
    And the writing often made me cringe as well.
    But if you are desperate, and coming to the Provo area anytime soon, swing by and borrow my copy of Breaking Dawn. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen....i got the first book as a birthday present so i decided to give in and read it....(i hate reading what everyone else is reading just cause....did the same thing with harry potter....fought it....but i will admit that i love the harry potter books) anyways....i've never finished the whole twilight serious....bella annoys me
    she cant play everyone and get away with it....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.