1.09.2009

As if I needed another reason to hate Guitar Hero

My sleeping-companion and I awoke at approximately 3:30 this morning - 3:30 A.M. - to the blaring sounds of rock music thumping through the wall. It sounded like our in-house neighbor was playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band, LOUDLY. And I was ticked.

We stayed in bed for a few minutes, listening and wondering what to do. (Slice is even more passive in these kinds of situations than I am, so he was reluctant to make a fuss.) First he tried knocking on the wall between songs, a couple times, but nothing happened. The loud music continued. Next, he threw on shoes and a coat and knocked on the guy's door. I could hear it even over the noise as I stewed in bed.
So when he came back with no response, no car-sighting or even lights on, I said
"if you don't call the police, I will."

You do NOT want to mess with my sleep; ask my husband.

Slice called dispatch, and in the meantime pulled blankets into our hall for me to sleep on.
(The hall was the quietest place in the house with the heater going.)
With my headache? Fat chance.

Half an hour later the officer called back and finally came to check it out. After banging on the door and getting no answer, he blazed in to find our (very large) neighbor passed out on the couch. With his TV blasting.

In the six months we've occupied our house, I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen this guy. He's an oil-field guy and a drinker, that's really all I know.

But we still don't know why we heard song after song after song. Is there some feature on Guitar Hero that plays through the entire songlist if it is left idle? Please tell, I won't find out myself BECAUSE I WILL NEVER OWN THE GAME.



And uh....we're thinking about buying a house.

4 comments:

  1. Do it, do it, do it. Home-ownership is good times.

    Only - I bet you could wait just a few more months and home prices in the Roos would drop even further.

    Also, yes, Rock Band plays songs in repeat when it's stalled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we're thinking if we wait even a couple months we could get good prices. We looked at like 6 houses yesterday (wasn't the plan, but thanks Shar), one of which is an ancient gem. Could be endless fodder for blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where, in roosevelt? rachel...!

    guitar hero is fun. but not at 3am. and not on idle. that's disrespectful and annoying. i would have jimmyed the lock and snuck in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please buy a house so that your home improvement guru friends can have endless reasons to come visit! Hooray! Although, a mortgage does eliminate any re-location fluidity that you may currently have.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.