10.13.2009

Two Things

1. I started learning Japanese.

Slice has been insistent encouraging from the beginning – not just since we’ve been planning a trip, but really, since we got married – and for my birthday he bought me Rosetta Stone.
It’s pretty cool.

It’s especially cool because Slice is so adamant about me learning Japanese, he will do anything and everything to clear up my schedule for it … laundry, baby-sitting, cooking, dishes …
He even made bread on Sunday (almost) all by himself!
I scored on this guy, I’ll tell you what.

However, this all means that

2. The Japanese dreams have started.

My dreams had already been crazy lately, even for me. I’ve dreamed about my old Glenmoor house; cousins and friends I haven’t seen in years; Matt coming home early from his mission; Angie coming home early from Europe, surprising us all.
But last night was the worst by far. I tossed and turned all night, fighting with this maddening, recurring dream:

I was trying to learn those blasted Hiragana characters.

No more Rosetta Stone right before bed.

2 comments:

  1. It is my experience that the longer you are married, the crazier your dreams become. No idea what causes it, but seriously, at this point I'm actually excited to fall asleep and see what sorts of bizarrity I'll encounter next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Emma Watson in your new profile pic. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.