10.26.2009

semi-religious festivities

Tonight was the traditional Book of Mormon party.
The family finished it again this morning, so we celebrated!
Today's the first time we've invited another family (the Masons) to join.
We sat at a low table adorned with King Benjamin's tower and lit by "glowing stones,"
costumed in robes and togas and furs - and of course Nephite head bands.

For appetizers we had cheese, grain crackers, mangoes, pomegranates, black and green olives, and baby carrots.
Dinner was Curelom and Cumom Stew with homemade whole wheat bread,
cumom milk / secret combinations juice to drink,
and REAL honeycomb on the side.
(Sorry these pictures are so terrible ... Slice had the good camera.)

After the meal we played Who am I? and Book of Mormon charades,
(such excellent actors!)
and ended the night with Tree of Life fruit pie.

Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I have never been at one of those parties. I wonder what the Mason's thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have never been at a Book of Mormon party. I hope to be able to make it to one someday. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.