6.17.2009

Just call me Super-Nanny

A couple in our ward asked Slice and I to 'family-sit' for them while they were gone for 3 days.

Surprised I accepted? After the last baby-sitting experience? Yeah, me too. But the outlook was better from the start.

First of all, we got to stay in their massive, gorgeous house (which we walked through -unfinished- in a Parade of Homes a few months ago). The guest bedroom we stayed in looked like our room at the Blue Boar Inn. From our Honeymoon. (You should see the furnishings!) Second, Slice was there for part of the time, unlike in December. Third, although there were six kids again, they were SO MUCH better-behaved it was like night and day. They didn't fight or make messes, whine about their parents being gone, or want to eat all day, or play the Wii and the computer all day. They are darling children, and we had a genuinely great time staying with them. We even felt bad when the parents came back and payed us for our time, because it felt more like a vacation than a job.
(Weird, I know.)

So... for a few days I played chauffeur, driving to and from orchestra camp, swimming lessons, reading programs, activity days, mutual, lunch-at-the-park, etc. etc. We didn't take many pictures of the house (just call me a liar), but we'll be staying there again next week with no kids. Hopefully we'll get some more pics then.

The view from the deck:
Chillin' at swimming lessons:



We miss those guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.