10.19.2009

Not to brag or anything, but

Abe Mills (you know, Abe Mills of Jericho Road?) came to sing last night after he spoke at our Stake's youth Standards Night.

Earlier, he attended our ward meetings with his family and Slice flipped out, trying to mouth things to me across the Primary Room ... apparently I'm not the best lip-reader.
It was a big deal to Slice, I guess, because Jericho Road toured his mission, and that was A HUGE DEAL to everyone there. Any Mormon celebs in Japan are rare.
He really wanted to take pictures to show his old companions (in 10 days!) - but we decided the awkwardness probably wasn't worth the reward.

And I just laughed, because Abe was in my family's ward in SJ long before he was "Jericho Road." Back then, he was just Brent's Sunday School teacher.
Who also made Bowflex commercials.

2 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Jericho Road. Now I'm cracking up.

    I had such a huge crush on them, circa whenever it was that "For the Love of a Woman" came out. Ah, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days?! (now only 9!) I can't believe it!!! HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!! Oh boy, we'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.