1. And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from the Utah Education Association that all the world should have a two-day vacation.
2. (And this vacation was to take place October 1 – 2, 2009.)
3. And all went on vacation, every one into his own place.
4. And the Morgans also went up from Roosevelt, out of the Uintah Basin, into Moab, which is on the way to Arizona; (because they took a wrong turn and drove 45 miles out of the way – into Colorado – thus adding much time to their drive)
5. To find a place to sleep. And it was past eleven o'clock at night.
6. And behold, there were nearly an hundred hotels and motels in the town of Moab; nevertheless, they were ALL FULL. BECAUSE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WERE IN MOAB FOR THE WEEKEND. And the Morgans stopped at hotel after hotel, searching for a "No Vacancy" sign, and asking hotel clerks for any empty rooms.
7. And they had called many hotels beforehand, asking for open rooms and prices, being unsuccessful in their endeavors.
8. And Jean was very unhappy, having not had much sleep for several consecutive days, and still being disgruntled about missing the turn-off to Moab the first time.
9. But Slice, being a good husband, and also sympathetic towards his wife (although she was not great with child) - or in other words, not wishing to bear the grumpiness of her for much longer - found a hotel with a room open; yea, and he did beg the lady at the desk to give them a discount, and she did.
10. And thus ended the month of September for the Morgans.