8.13.2009

All in a Day's Phone Calls

Incoming call, 7:49 am. 'Slice Baby'
S: "Hey babe, did I wake you up?"
J: "No, I was awake."
S: "Oh, well, I just wanted to tell you that the back door is locked, so, make sure you unlock it before you leave so you're not locked out."
J: "Back door ... oh, THE door ... is locked. Okay. I'll unlock it, thanks for calling."

Outgoing call, 7:57 am. 'Home'
J: "Hey Dad, you had court this morning, right? In Duchesne? What time was it at?"
Dad: "Let me see...it's at 9:00. So I'll be leaving soon."
J: "Well, I think I'm going to get my car this morning, so I'll see you at the office a little later."
D: "All right, see you."

Outgoing, 10:02 am. 'Mom cell'
J: "Hi Mom, what are you up to today?"
Mom: "Oh, we're school shopping in Vernal today. Are you at work?"
J: "No, not yet. I wish I had known you were going shopping, I would have come! I don't really want to go to work. I've just been cleaning around the house, you know, laundry and stuff."
M: "Oh.... sorry."
J: "That's fine, I just wasn't sure how to get to work anyway, because Dad's in court and Slice took the car and I thought you would be home. But I can ride a bike to the golf course I guess."
M: "Mmmhmmm."

Outgoing, 10:36 am. 'Slice baby'
S: "Hello?"
J: "Babe, where's the car?"
S: "Out back."
J: "Out back?? Why did you park it out back?"
S: "Because that's where the bus was."
J: "The bu ... ohhhh. The car is at the SCHOOL? Arghhh."
S: "Huh? Where are you? Are you at work?"
J: "No, I'm at the golf course, dang it. I should have known it was at the school, but I was thinking you had to do some clubs this morning, so I thought the car would be here ... and I rode the bike here and got my pants all dirty and black from the chain ... AND I FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE DOOR SO I'M LOCKED OUT OF THE HOUSE. ARGHHHH."
S: "Sorry, babe, I didn't.....um, I have the only key to the house, huh?"
J: "Yes. You do."
S: "Well, you could always stay at your parents' until I get home. Sorry."
J: "Don't worry about it, it's my fault. Ugh. I'll figure something out."
S: "Okay, bye."
J: "Bye."

Outgoing, 10:38 am. 'Dad cell'
J: "Hey dad, are you back at work?"
D: "Yeah."
J: "Hmmm. Do you know when Mom's going to be back from Vernal?"
D: "No."
J: "Do you even have any work for me to do today?"
D: "Yes actually, I do, but I've got a call coming in, sorry..."

Outgoing, 10:41 am. 'Mom cell'
J: "Are in you still in Vernal?"
Em: "Yes."
J: "Great."
Em: "Why?"
J: "Well, I need to get to work, but my car's at the school and I'm at the golf course, I took a bike and rode it here. My pants are all dirty and I'm locked out of my house. But you're not going to be done soon, are you?"
Em: "No, probably not......"

Incoming, 10:43 am. 'Mom cell'
Em: "Mom says you can take the truck."
J: "Okay, (phew!) thanks. I would have done that in the first place, but I didn't want to make Mom mad. *sigh* Better ride back. See you later."

Incoming, 11:30 am. 'Mom cell'
Sam: "Hi, um, Mom wanted me to call and see if you would like to join us for lunch."
J: "Join you for lunch? What are you doing? Where?"
Sam: "Just at home, but we're buying Shells & Cheese right now. We're going to cook them for lunch. And you are invited."
J: "Ah, Mom loves me."

LIFE IS GOOD.

PS - Rob, you provided a bright spot in an otherwise bleak morning. Ü Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. MOM IS GOOD! Life IS good too. We love you and miss you. Sounds like you're enjoying life. :) Cannot wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.