8.19.2009

early morning haze

This morning I woke up, rolled over, looked at the clock - 6:38.
And I nudged Slice. Twice.

"What time are you supposed to be at [Boys' golf team] practice?"

"I told them I wasn't going to make it today."

"Oh. Sorry I woke you up." (I know he can't get back to sleep after he's awake in the mornings.)

Then I started thinking, as I fell back to sleep, I should have said "Sorry I awakened you," not "Sorry I woke you up." Better English.

Slice got dressed and kissed me before he left. And I said it again. "Sorry I woke you up."

"It's okay," he said.



Um, why was I thinking about grammar rules? Who even cares first thing in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I love that you care about proper English ;) Although, you're right. At 6:38 in the morning, less than perfect English is forgivable!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.