8.08.2012

The Crib


MG is eight months old today.  And how about this - I just finished her crib bedding.  Today.

Nine months ago I was pondering on cribs in my nesting frenzy.  We ended up buying a mini crib, and in case you're wondering, I am now going to recommend it to everyone that I know.  The mini crib is perfect.  Perfect, I tell you!  We simply loooooove it.

I never bought a bumper for the mini crib, because 1) I'm cheap, 2) I never found one that I loved and could use again, and 3) They apparently increase the risk of SIDS.  I looked into the breathable ones, just couldn't commit.  We probably would have gone bumper-free if MG hadn't gotten her limbs stuck in the crib slats more than once.

Enter: Pinterest.  I pinned this months ago, and when I saw my friend's take on it, I finally got to work.  The green suede fabric came from Home Fabrics in Orem, the grosgrain ribbon from Walmart (because there is NOWHERE IN ROOSEVELT where one can buy wide white ribbon, trust me on this).  I actually threaded the ribbon through the fabric strips for just a little more padding.

Et ... voila!  I love the crib even more now.
I'm gushing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my heck- - LOVE! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani: possibly my favorite blog comment ever. I am still chuckling about it. Thank you, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great! Love the bow on the front!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.