2.26.2009

Unsettling

The feeling is familiar by now, but is certainly never comfortable. Will it ever be?
Is it possible to expand your comfort zone so much that it is all-encompassing?
(speaking only of good things, of course)

There is something so comforting about a routine, about friendly old habits; even dull repetition can be surprisingly fulfilling. But for me all it takes is a prick of uncertainty, a little nagging feeling, to wipe away those comforts and demand action. Faith is an action word, right?

Slice and I loved our little house from the start. The process that put us there left no doubt that we were there for a reason. And I’ve dragged my feet for months, not wanting to leave. Thinking of every possible way we could stay.
But the prodding never let up.

It’s amazing how quickly a home can become a house, and vice versa. I'm glad to go, now, excited for better living conditions and closer family. I'm grateful that things often work out much better than I could have planned.

Most of all, right this minute, I'm tired and missing Matt.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we definitely have one thing in common, haha....I'm missing Matt too...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.