2.18.2009

The Lowdown

Have you heard?

Matt's leaving in a week and Tony's papers are in.

I have a new nephew. (Oh yeah, I already wrote about that.)


Raisin Bran Crunch is the best cereal ever. Last time we were in Ogden, it was on sale, so we bought TWO BOXES.


Dann and Angie just decided to move to Vegas, and Slice and I are moving into the upstairs of their house. We're trying to convince the bishop of the new ward to let us stay in our old ward, since it will probably be temporary. Ahem. DAD.



Slice's new baby is going to change our lives.....really. Hopefully our blogs, too.


And finally - I have a story.

Last summer I bought a CHI at our local Freight Damaged Furniture. It was $30 and looked intact, so I thought, why not? It's worth a try.
But the CHI didn't work. It didn't even turn on.

I read the warranty and wondered if the company would be able to fix it or refund my money, anything like that. I wrote a little note and mailed the flatiron to Texas with a $15 check (in case it fell under the "fixable" category) and my credit card statement - I had thrown away the receipt. They called me a couple weeks later. I tried calling back, but never got through; pretty sure I wrote down the wrong number.

A little while later my CHI came back with my check, plus a note that said since I didn't buy it from an authorized distributor, it wasn't under any warranty. Tough Luck.
I pretty much forgot about the whole thing.

So last night Slice called me to say that his camera had finally come (thank heavens! no more stalking the UPS man!), and he said, "Oh yeah, and you got a CHI."
"Huh?"

I ran home to find a brand new CHI - that I didn't pay for - packaged and shipped to me by UPS.
Guys, Farouk Systems, Inc. is the coolest company ever.



*Anyone need a straightener? Slice bought me a new one for Christmas....

3 comments:

  1. I got like three free CHIs in a row once. CHIs notoriously break down about a year after purchase, and they have a one-year warranty. So the first three I bought (I'm on number six now, I believe) all broke down within one year and were replaced for free. SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    I've been looking at getting a chi, but they are so pricey. And I'm so cheap. I probably should just break down and do it. I love that people can curl their hair with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I read the title "Have you heard...?" and then saw a pic of D holding a baby right below it. Not funny. My fault, but...still.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.