9.09.2012

Every other Sunday

Every other Sunday I have myself quite convinced that no one has ever had it as hard as I do.  At church.

No one has ever had to take two kids 18 months apart (one of them being Liam) to church by him/herself every other week (every week alone would be easier) in a ward where Sacrament Meeting is last.  LAST I TELL YOU.

MG always needs a nap sometime during the block, but will she fall asleep in my arms like every other baby does? No. Never. She just gets crankier and crankier.  Liam loves nursery so much that he's wired by the end of the two hours, and does he want to sit quietly for over an hour afterward?  No.  Never. It's a full-time job just to keep him occupied.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: church is the worst.  The worst thing about Slice's job, the worst thing about having two babies so close in age, the worst thing about being in this ward.  Sacrament Meeting last!
I wouldn't go if I didn't believe in it so (darn) much.

On a different but related note, this is what happens when I try to take a picture of Liam:




And this is what happens when I try to take a picture of my girl MG:






Good thing they're cute, right?

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be a downer, but feel I must help you prepare for what's next. A three year old who LOVED nursery but must now endure 2 hours of NOT NURSERY, and then sit for an hour of sacrament meeting... LAST. Brace yourself-- it's not pretty ;) At least you have some time to get your affairs in order!!
    But... then it will get better. someday. I PROMISE ;)
    Love ya! Hang in there! Good thing it's all SO TRUE, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.