3.16.2011

Flames

Last week while in Vernal for the inescapable shopping trip, I ran into the guy who asked me on my first date.
(Homecoming Junior year, four-wheeling day date.  He came from Colorado to take me, so it was kind of a big deal.)
I was pleased to see him there with his fiancee.  Even more pleasing, he's gained a little weight.

That, plus some nostalgic song-listening got me thinking about old flames and such...

The first boy I ever loved was killed in a car accident the day after I got married.

My first date at BYU (who, by the way, I had quite the crush on) is now apostate - and a Texan!

My two prom dates are college roomies.

And Slice's old flame is being relocated.

You can't predict this stuff, you know?  Seriously.

(Anyone have good former-flame stories? Because I love them.)

10 comments:

  1. Not so much a flame but still funny:
    I went on a first date on Wednesday with a guy.
    By Monday he was engaged to a girl he met Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRA-ZY. I do NOT know how people can meet and get engaged that fast. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to revisit this! Such a good idea for a post! Hope you don't mind if I plagerize your idea a bit-I promise to give full credit to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first love and Tyson's first love got married!! ha ha.

    Also, Tyson's and my engagement has a nasty old flame story intertwined with it. Do you really want to hear? ha ha ha.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani - yes yes yes! I do want to hear it!
    And Carolyn, I don't mind at all. The more stories the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel! This was such a fun post! I think we should all have to share old stories about past things! First dates, kisses, teams that we "stalked" (cross-country?), best friends, etc.,etc.! This was so fun! And I'm glad you put a picture of you and danny up! I had almost forgotten about you guys' date:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm writing a book about this, funnily enough . . . I'll let you know when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha my first love also died! He died from falling and hitting his head on a coffee table!!! Yeah so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess, wha?? That is so strange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just reconnected with the guy I went steady with for two years, when I was 15-17. When you're in your 50's it all seems even weirder, believe me :) He has 8 kids, twenty something grandkids and 2 GREAT grandchildren - I am NOT old enough to be in the same catagory with this fellow!! I've been debating if I should post the picture he sent me on my blog.... (he's put on weight too.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.