3.15.2011

And the Tax Return goes to....

the downstairs bathroom!

I know you've all been DYING to hear the updates about this.  Well, we have a plumber here for the fourth time in as many days.  While digging into and below the foundation of our house, we ran into some mishaps, like Slice putting a hole through a pipe that we weren't planning on replacing, and other stuff like that.  That's home improvement for ya.

FYI: 70-year-old cast iron pipes are very brittle!






Slice got to use a jackhammer for the first time and he felt very manly about it.
Speaking of manly......
I baked a German chocolate cake from scratch yesterday, at Slice's birthday cake request.  I also made the frosting (of course).  Not a big deal to most of you, likely, but it was a pretty big deal to me!  And it turned out deliciously.
My husband really loves it when I wear an apron.  
(Too bad it doesn't happen very often.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.