5.20.2009

6:00 a.m.

Alarm sounds, Slice turns it off and sits back on the bed.

Slice: "You wanna go?"
Jean: "Do you?"
S: "Yeah, I want to go, but if you don't want to we don't have to."
J: "We can go. It will be good."

Slice gets dressed while I stay in bed, eyes still closed.

S: "You know we don't have to go."
J: "No, it's fine ... I'll get up. It's just ... I don't think you realize how awful I am at tennis. REALLY. You are going to be extremely disappointed."
S: "Whatever. You'll be fine."

Famous last words.

3 comments:

  1. Hahah. Jeff and I love going to play tennis together. Such a great sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:00 in the morning to play TENNIS?! Until now, I've held you two (and you, Linnea!) in the highest regard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Laurel. If I didn't have to work at 7:30 I would SO not be up at 6:00. Alas...I work 7:30-3:00, and Slice works 3:00-9:30, so the time we have together is limited.

    And we choose to spend it on tennis?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.