5.14.2009

I'm so bored and it shows

May makes me tired.
Bored.
Unmotivated.
Indulgent.
Lazy?

(You can stop reading . . . NOW.)

I just want to curl up in a hammock and read
all day, every day.
Why is that?
It’s not like it's February and I’m sick of the weather.
I’m pretty excited about it, actually.

But when I’m not reading I’m wishing
for summer, for next week,
for tomorrow,
To be anywhere but here.

(Travelzoo makes this a kagillion times worse.
We could go to Ireland for 500 bucks! Tokyo 550!
Florida for 90! So why am I still here?!)

We are in transit again,
in the process of moving and deciding and paying for
Stuff.
Moving always ruins my life for a little while.
As much as I like to deny it, I really am a creature of habit.

This time around, though, I’m dreaming
of things I could do with my own house.
Hardwood floors, music studio, guest bedroom, gardens!
Never mind that we’re poor and I’m a widow in the summer
because Slice is gone ALL THE TIME working
(darn you golfers!)
So I would have to do it mostly myself.
And that would be No. Fun.

Still reading? Sorry…

This isn’t even what’s on my mind today.

I’m really thinking about music and how -
Wouldn’t it be great if I had my own studio?
Surely then I would practice and give lessons
And quit wasting time by reading all day every day.

Wouldn’t that be great?

3 comments:

  1. I read this post, and I thought, "I could have written this post." I love the warm weather and the sunny days and the green I see (through the window, my allergies are just horrible), and I want to pull my couch up to the window and snuggle down with a good book. In the afternoons, I would let myself put the book down and sleep right there. Sometimes I would surf the internet and plan an awesome trip a few months down the line, sure to visit a city I've never seen before. Your dreams of a house also sound like my dreams. If you can take care of the "poor" part, I'll come and help you since Slice will be gone. The only think I would tweak is your idea that reading is a waste of time. No way! It's a reward to be enjoyed. I plan to take a month this fall simply to devour books I've missed out on since I've been working on my degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To where are you moving this time?! If you need help, I'm GREAT at packing (and unpacking!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you guys will have to do the ifly. It was way fun. I was nervous before we went, but we loved it! Also, you guys are coming up on your year! Can you believe it? It's crazy, but so fun! Hope things are good!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.