8.07.2013

Dog Days

We're seven days into my favorite month!  Happy August, everyone!
We finished up July with another Roosevelt family reunion, Woodruff side this time.
Missing a bunch of people, even several who were AT the reunion earlier...
Dopp, Battistone, Morgan kids
Dorian took three days off work to be there, and we played hard for those three days.  By the end we all looked like this.


I tried to train for the UBIC 5k, but the day after the reunion ended, my kids woke up sick.  They were barfing by evening and I was trying not to.  I felt sick for maybe two days, then got hit with a nasty cold the week I was planning to do my 3-mile runs.  UGH.

Still I did it.  Last Saturday was the 5k, 10k and triathlon.  None of my sisters were there but Lisa ran most of the way with me, until I had to stop and walk for a couple blocks.  I finished four minutes faster than last year even with my cold, so that's an accomplishment, right?

Red face.  Always.

The rest of UBIC was pretty much nuts, with Slice playing three tennis matches and being in the parade twice and me trying to keep the kids hydrated and happy, and not sunstroked.  They both took 4-hour naps Saturday.  Hallelujah! 



Good thing, because we had a pretty late night with the Spin Doctors and the awesome fireworks afterward.



 All in all, it's been a good couple weeks. Have I mentioned how much I love summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.