1.23.2013

Sisters

Right this minute my parents are dropping my Kiana off at the Provo MTC, where she will train as a missionary (for a week? two?) and head out to Jacksonville, Florida for the next eighteen months.


It's hard not to feel just a little jealous of my younger sisters because they get the chance to serve at 19 instead of 21.  If the age had been lowered a mere five years ago, I'm almost certain I would have gone (maybe even made it back in time to get married the same time I did!).  I know getting married was the right thing for me at the time, but oh, The Road Not Taken.  Endless possibilities.

As it is I'll look forward to a mission experience in my future, and live vicariously through my siblings as they travel the globe, preaching the gospel.  Exciting things are happening with missionary work right now, and they're only going to get better.  How fun will it be if Ki & Em serve at the same time?


We WILL miss having Ki around though.  We never really got used to her being gone because she kept coming back, that crazy BYU-I track schedule.

Anyway, Hurrah for Israel!  And for sister missionaries!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would have served too if I could have gone at 19. It's hard to know, but I wasn't dating Jeff yet, was having a crisis about what I wanted to major in - it would have been perfect timing.

    Apparently I comment on all of your blog posts too, so we're even. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat to have her out. My sister leaves in April. Life sure would have been different i things had changed earlier, huh? I sure miss you, and I hope you noticed that after an almost 5 month hiatus I finally blogged again-mostly because I feel I owe it to you. I'm gonna get better too! Just waiting to find that Type 2 in me...
    Miss you, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.