7.10.2009

Pageantry

Last Christmas Slice's parents gave us a puzzle of the Manti temple and a paper describing the pageant. Their gift to all their children was a 3-day family reunion in Manti, complete with gas money and meals. (The meals part was pretty much awesome. The worst part about planning trips is always the food, right?)

After much talking, packing and driving -with NEW TIRES that is- we finally made it to the campground on a Thursday afternoon. That night we (well, most of us) attended the pageant. It rained on us just enough to make my hair curlier, the rest of me colder, and also the actors slipped on the hill. Very entertaining.
Slice and I, I am sorry to say, both fell asleep halfway through and slept until the end. Kind of depresing. What we saw was lovely though! ... and the experience was worth it. Yes, Farr's ice cream was part of the experience.

I looooove waffle cones.

The next morning we drove around town, looking at some of the historical buildings, and meandering through a labyrinth-boutique that had the most beautiful pieces of furniture I had ever seen. Of course, they came from Europe.

Then in the afternoon we went to Palisades State Park and waited until 6:00 or whenever the paddle boats became available again. Slice and I paddled around a little bit, then headed back to camp for dinner.

I loooooove paddle boats.

(I told him I was putting that picture on the blog - and there it is. Enjoy.)
Saturday it was time to pack up and go home, but Slice and I wanted to do a session at the temple first. So we scrambled to pack up camp, shower, and FIND SLICE'S WALLET AND SHOES....oh wait, he didn't even bring Sunday shoes. So of course we didn't find them.
Miraculously, we made it in to the session we wanted to make, and afterwards asked to see the spiral staircases. I'm so glad we did. That temple is so incredibly beautiful. As I told Slice when we left, Next time I get married, it's going to be in the Manti temple.
(joking)

After visitng an Estate Sale (where I got a bunch of totally awesome clip-on earrings) we were on our way. The drive home was magnificent as well; there were several points at which Slice wanted to pull over and take pictures. I only let him once, though. I wanted to get home.

I loooooove Slice!

It was a fantastic trip! We really enjoyed the time we were able to spend with Slice's family. And I hope we have many more chances like that in the future.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I get married will be in that temple.....hopefully. Unless she says no.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.