7.29.2009

The updates, for those who care

Believe it or not, I have done more than take pictures this summer. I have a new voice student, and I started giving "group voice lessons" to my younger siblings this week. We'll just have to see how that goes.

A couple weeks ago Slice and I took over a business that his parents set up - in his name - about 3 years ago. We decided to run our photography expenses through it, as well as his golf club repair, golf lessons, clinics, etc. I mostly wanted it so we could keep track of what we owe for tithing.... but it's kind of weird though because now when we make purchases, it's like, do we run this through the business or not? How much money should we keep in that account? What about when we need cash for things like a down payment? Because we're gonna need one sometime in the future.
You know, exciting financial/business questions like that.

Speaking of the business....we want to buy a desktop to put Photoshop on, so we can actually edit photos the way we should. But we've had the biggest fiasco EVER trying to buy an HP, and now I'm thinking we should go a different route. Anyone have any suggestions? We keep talking about buying a Mac, and my goodness, I love Macs, but my goodness, they are so expensive. We could get a comparable computer for 1/3 the price. Is it really worth it?

And last Monday our furnace motor went out. The furnace motor also blows for the Air Conditioner. So we had no A/C for a week, learned a bit about furnaces (and their life expectancy), and yesterday some guys came up to put in a new one. While I was in the shower.
(good times)

Oh! Remember how I got my hair highlighted like 5 weeks ago? Well, this is awesome, but I have NO ROOTS yet. Nothing I can see, even on close inspection.
What does that mean? It means my hair Does. Not. Grow.
Yes. A factual confirmation to my lifelong suspicions.

And finally, our future is still up in the air. Very much in the air.

This is what is happening in the DLM household.

3 comments:

  1. Good news about the business! Sweet deal.

    I have a Sony VIAO and have loved it. It would be perfect for photoshop. It was originally a 1300 dollar computer but I got it for 969 on equal 18-month payments from RC Willey. I would recommend it.

    Voice lessons to the siblings sounds fun. Shouldn't some of your siblings be heading off to college (Kiana...)?

    Also, your haiiiiiiir!!! It's not any longer either? More jell-o for you, babe. :)

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE we care! It's not like you're reporting about how many times you clipped your toenails last month - this is important stuff! Best of luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I will have to look into the Sony....it sounds pretty good. The HP we wanted was about $1000 so that would be nice.

    Kiana is a Senior so she will be leaving for college next year! I'm hoping for BYU for that one. :)

    And yes, my hair, lame lame lame. Will Jello make it grow faster?!

    Laurel, thank you for the vindication. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.