7.29.2009

Tag-a-long (not the cookies)

This is the point at which I realize I'm not a real blogger anymore. Occasional up-dater? Maybe. Photoblogger? Probably. Regular reader of 60+ blogs? Yes. But I-must-write-for-my-own-sanity blogger? Definitely not. Not these days, anyway. The words are just not swirling around my brain like they used to.
(Let's hope they come back sometime.)

So. This last weekend I was fortunate enough to accompany my husband on a 2-day getaway otherwise known as a Golf Tournament. The 2009 Utah Section Assistants Championship, to be exact. It was a 36-hole, 2-course event in Heber Valley, and I got to watch the whole thing! At least it was more fun than I thought it would be.... Slice totally made that shot, by the way. It was sweet.

The Homestead was the first course, and the staff let me take an extra cart. Good thing! There was NO WAY I was walking the whole way to watch. It's the most spread-out golf course I've ever seen.


After the first round, we ate and Slice competed in the Putting contest. Another guy tied his top score, so they had a Sudden Death tie-breaker, which he almost won. But the other guy got the $100. Ü
After THAT we checked in and walked around the Homestead and then I totally crashed.
(And I wasn't even the one playing! I swear that boy doesn't need sleep. I don't know how he does it.)Here we are the next morning, the Non-sleeper and the Hunchback of Heber Valley. I look kind of sick, don't you think? Especially compared to my hunk husband. Oh well.
Round 2 was at Soldier Hollow, the place where I witnessed an Olympic Event 7 years ago, (eek) and also where I have been cross-country skiing and tubing before. Loved both.

Ready for another round.
Slice played better that time, for mostly unknown reasons. Personally, I think these birds were good luck:
(He he.)
In the end, Slice was in the middle of the pack of about 50 Assistant Professionals from around the state. I think that's pretty fantastic, considering he's only played golf for about 7 years ..... and some of the guys he played against have been Assistants for 13. I'm pretty sure he was the youngest Pro there.
The future is looking good.
(Except we left our pillows at the Homestead. Darn it all.)

3 comments:

  1. Okay first off Rachel, I think you look really cute in that "Hunchback" picture...Love the shorts, love the hair... I thought you looked really skinny and well, CUTE!! :) Second of all I miss you guys... A LOT! However, I'm glad we didn't have to go a week without A/C!! Sorry about that! That's horrible!! Hope all is going well for you guy! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you look like a Hunchback... hehe, nice try. You look very becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job "Slice"! Impressive finish for someone who was on a two year hiatus, and who has only recently joined the'pack'! Too cool! And, I too think you look very cute in your so-called Hunchback pic ;D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.