3.27.2009

No Theme

Whew, I'm glad that's over.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered that all "personal web pages" had been blocked on school district computers. "Personal web pages" meaning BLOGS. The discovery nearly sent me into shock.
(Please no!)
Things have quieted down here in the LMC; 4th quarter just started and all my non-fiction inventory is done. So lately I've been working on "various projects."
Anyway.
Come to find out, the District Blocker Guy was just checking his new filters. He wanted to see how quickly people responded! Ha ha!

Also,
Last night I chaperoned for my very first dance!
The freshman class put on a "No Theme" Thursday night stag dance - apparently they couldn't even come up with a theme, much less a Friday night. They're freshmen so they can get away with that. Looking back, I'm thinking that the theme could very well have been Dirty Dancing.

Seriously.

I was appalled.

So was Slice, who surprised me by bringing a shake (yum) and staying with me for the last hour of the dance. I probably would have ditched earlier, despite my duty-bound conscience, if he hadn't showed up and kept me company. We watched in horror as the kids, um, yeeeeah, through the last few songs and when the lights came up. I felt like I 'd just seen a nasty movie - acted by kids I know and like.....and go to church with. {Shudder}

Slice said "I'm homeschooling."

How has it changed so much in 4 years???

Also,
I have a slight dollar bill obsession. (Jackie and Hobie, I blame you. And my dad.) I hate crumpled and folded bills. So when kids come to pay their fines, I always have to smooth the bills out before stacking them nicely in our money box. My own cash is never folded unless absolutely necessary.
I am not the only one!
Last night my fellow chaperone/teacher/money-taker uncrumpled, smoothed and FACED the bills before filing them in their respective places. Even when there was a long line.

She FACED them.

I'm in good company.

7 comments:

  1. Jeff- my brother in law that you met. Puts is dollar bills in order by how much they're worth $5 $10 etc and then seperates those piles and files them numerically. (You know by the little number on the front of the bill that's kind of like a bar code) Then he faces them and puts them all back in worth order and into his wallet they go! Hopefully that makes sense. He's crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog awhile back. I'm impressed that you've read my entire archives. That is quite the task that even my family members bound to me through blood don't bother to do. Thank you.

    I do believe I will start on your archives now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, kids are getting dirtier with each generation...and shorter.

    Olivia and Jeanie are in touch? Weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare I write this at the risk of ruining "family peace" . . .
    HOME SCHOOL IS NEVER THE ANSWER! You know who I'm talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If D-Slice is already seeing the merits of homeschooling, you are in good shape. I've brought it up before and Dizzle flips his lid.

    But honestly, I think for the right families and with the right circumstances, homeschooling is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slice is actually fiercely opposed to homeschooling. He was joking when he said that, it was just for effect. To show how horrid the dancing was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, crap. Our boys are the same again. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.