2.08.2013

Politics

Just got home from another pool project committee meeting where we talked in circles around each other.

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY.

The committee has been working for several months trying to come up with something that will meet our community's needs - that it can also PAY for - and a few individuals keep putting the brakes on the project.  We can't fundraise in earnest until we have a real plan; they won't agree to a set plan until we have better funding in place.  I understand where everyone is coming from, but still, it's getting ridiculous.

One person in particular is disregarding everything I've done to find out what people (his constituents!) want. I get the impression that he thinks he knows what's best for them regardless of what they say, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.  For the first time I'm witnessing an influential person who is literally out of touch, and it's unnerving.

But what really gets me - more than this standstill we've been forced into - is the actual dialogue during meetings.  All the hemming and hawing!  I'm an efficient person, a concise writer and a straightforward speaker.  I truly believe that if you can say something in five words instead of twenty, you should.  These meetings take me back to former work situations where I sat listening coworkers thinking, I could convey the same message in less than half the time....

This is what I get for venturing into politics.

3 comments:

  1. Your style of writing is incredibly entertaining, I enjoyed it thoroughly! More updates please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to vote the good old boys out of office...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.