5.27.2012

Time for a new post

I'm sick of looking at the old one.
Emily, here's a picture for you:

Let's pretend we took this on Mother's Day

And here's an update.

Thursday we went to Salt Lake to see my dear Brittanie get married.  It was a beautiful sealing, my favorite ever besides my own.  I think there were at least ten people crying by the end.  And Brit looked lovely, and I am so so happy for her I almost cried myself.
The day was also fabulous because we had no kids.   We ate at Siegfried's, strolled around City Creek and walked through Tiffany & Co., H&M, and Swarovski. I felt like I was back in Vienna on Kärntnerstrasse.  (Only this time I actually have money.)

Friday Slice and his brother trenched our yard for sprinklers.  We ran into some difficulties, as you can always expect to with house projects.  But the project is well underway and should be finished by Wednesday - then we just have to get our grass growing again.
Our house is the greatest source of discussion these days, since we aren't planning to be here for too much longer.  We refinanced a few weeks ago (hooray!) and gained $5000 on the appraisal - I know, this doesn't mean much - but our game plan really depends on long-term decisions, i.e., if we will sell it or try to rent it out when we move.  How much money should we put into it?   What are our top priorities?  How much longer do we stay?
Hard to know.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, which means my Liam is turning two this week.  I don't have anything planned yet.  Hey, at least I already have his presents.

1 comment:

  1. That photo is the BEST. Everyone in it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.