7.08.2014

Light at the End

There is light at the end of the tunnel my friends.  And it is good.

The peak levels of stress I've experienced over the past several months (more than year actually - I knew we'd need to move as soon as I found out I was pregnant) have made this calm even sweeter.  In four more days we should be closed on both houses, fire training will be done, and Slice will be leaving his new job for an even newer, better one.  (Ah, oilfield.  Reluctant friends make for lasting relationships.)

I spewed out a few frustrations here and on Facebook, but for the record - since I certainly haven't been journaling! - this is how the last several months have gone down.

February: Baby

a real sweetheart.  not getting enough fat from my milk, so formula-supplemented diet it is.
March: Prom (took over my living room for three months)


not Prom-related pictures
April: Baby blessing, painted the entire basement and stairwell, put up a FOR SALE sign, stressed out and worked so hard to get my house clean just ONE TIME! to show it. Luckily, the second people to walk through made an offer.  


May: Surveyor. We wanted to split our lot and after jumping through a bunch of hoops realized that it wasn't possible. So we moved forward with the loan process, and married off miss Kiana on the 30th.


yes I took this photo.
June: Packing. I applied for a job with DYT, didn't even get a reply. Plumbing/appraisal problems. API pictures. Moving. We bought a fridge and washer/dryer set, sold my lovely kitchen table. Sixth anniversary.



poor guy had to give away his first dog.
July so far: lobbied for City Council position, didn't get it. Tested my thyroid - it's been off.  Also, strep.  Again.  (SO THAT'S WHY I CAN'T GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING!)

Things are really good now. After a round of antibiotics and five days of a bigger dose of Synthroid, I feel like my life couldn't get any better than this. I'm not planning to move again, ever. (Unless it's out of state/ out of the country.)  (Remind me I said that! Not moving again ever.)  I have space for my kids to play, a real closet, and a master bathroom, and no thumping cars in the McD's parking lot all hours of the night. I even live next door to my mom.
the view out my front door
There is light at the end of the tunnel.  And it is good.

3 comments:

  1. How awful that you've been so stressed, but how wonderful that's it's (relatively) over!!! Your babies are adorable, I love your new neighborhood, congrats to D on the new job... sheesh! Such wonderful things for this beloved family! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the exciting changes and on surviving all of that! I'm jealous you get to live by your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a crazy time, geez! So glad you are feeling less stressed now.

    What a gorgeous picture of Kiana!! Congratulations to her.

    Does Baby have a blog name yet?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.