4.04.2013

up and down

I s'pose I should sit and write for a bit.

Life's been a roller coaster around here lately, with homecomings and funerals and family stuff and a temple trip (sans recommend - oops) and lots of driving (backseat barfing included, this time by MG) and internet discoursing and, of course, Eastering.  Don't worry, I only cried three times.

Sunday we visited Brigham City for the first time that I can remember.  It was pretty fun to see Slice's old "stomping grounds" (he mocks me EVERY TIME I say that about So. Jordan) and to talk to people who haven't seen him in over a decade.


The drive home wasn't so fun, what with MG screaming and Liam whining and the road stretching for almost four hours.  I sat in back with the kids for the last 1.5 of them.


Praise the heavens for modern technology on long car trips.
Monday was recovery day, and Tuesday I played piano at the funeral of a beautiful 18-year-old girl in our ward who was found at the bottom of a cliff last week....
It's been a rough time in this town, I'll tell you that.

I just hug my own beautiful girl tighter every day, and hope she knows how loved she is.

Incidentally, I never imagined in my younger days that I was learning music mainly to provide it at funerals.  I've been asked/volunteered to sing, lead or play at so many funerals in the last five years I can't even count them all.  Just one more reason why music is better than sports ..... ha.
I'm happy to serve, I really am.  It's good for my life perspective.

1 comment:

  1. 'tis my humble opinion that the picture of MG with the glasses should be printed poster size and given out as Christmas gifts...
    SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.