12.08.2018

Emma 7

My dear Emma,

I'm in a delightful stage where I'm starting to realize what everyone means when they say their daughter is their best friend. You have been my right hand man for over a year now, and I often think about what a gift you are to me.

You like to be clean and organized, you love your brother George with all your heart. You've been sharing a room with him, and I know it's not always easy, but you won't have it any other way. You still read to him and help him with things and comfort him when he's sad. He bear-hugs you when you get home from school, and when he wakes up from naps. He misses you anytime the two of you are apart.

You LOVE fishing, roller skating,  writing, drawing, any arts & crafts you can get your hands on. You've started attending Up With Kids, where you take lessons in singing, dancing, acting, etc.

You've become quite the organizer. You like order and calm, and usually complete your chores without complaint. You're turning into fantastic reader and great student - even better, your teachers can't tell me enough about how kind and patient you are. You've been attending speech for over a year, working on your stutter, and you've been patient through it all.

You love weird things (fish, sushi, asparagus, grapefruit, baked potatoes) but hate the most commonly loved foods (donuts, cinnamon rolls, quesadillas). You've gotten better at trying new foods. You are quirky, sometimes zany, usually kind. You are fun to talk to and be with. We've recently watched Princess Diaries (1 & 2!) and you giggled through them. I am really enjoying watching you grow up and become your own person. (You're still MY person too, right?)

Love you tons,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.