3.06.2018

Georgie Porgie

Dear sweet George,

You are two! I'm excited because you have such big things ahead of you - talking, potty training, moving to a big bed. I'm sad because that means, for the first time in nearly eight years, I won't have a baby. You've already been in a crib longer than any of your siblings....we always needed the crib for another baby by now!

You are the joy and entertainment in our home. You make us laugh all day long! Emma adores you and entertains you in the morning while she is home. The two of you read, play, take baths, clean up, and watch TV together. Sometimes Emma even gets you dressed and changes your diapers! If you're hurt, she tries to make it better. She is the best big sister and you are lucky to have each other.
Will thinks you're the most hilarious thing on the planet, and laughs at everything you do. Occasionally it makes you mad, but usually, you love it. You make funny faces and whisper prayers (if you even whisper!) and threaten injury with your sword or pointing finger.

Speaking of swords - they're your very favorite thing. Any object that resembles a sword is used as a weapon. Even wheelbarrow handles!! It's crazy and endearing. You're the sweetest boy around, but once you have a "sword" in your hand, you become a terrifying warrior. You are a boy through and through.

You love me more than any of your siblings did at this age. You hate it when I leave even for a minute. You follow me around the kitchen asking, "Hug you me??" And how can I resist?? You climb into bed with me for snuggles. You let me carry you back to bed after you fall asleep in the car. You ask me to sing "Tuppence" at bed time or read "one more."

You adore your grandparents - still - more than any human I've ever seen. You light up when any of them are around, or even on a phone call. You were ecstatic when Grandma slept at our house one night; you were ready to snuggle up and sleep with her right on the couch!

We can't imagine our lives without you Georgie! I'm so excited for the years to come!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.