2.24.2018

Lucky Lex

Dear Lex,

You are four!! You've been excited for this day for months. And really, it's hard to believe you're just barely four. I'm not the only one who thinks you act older - your nursery leaders, primary and preschool teachers do too. Pretty much anyone who interacts with you can see how mature you are.

You've grown SO much in the past year. You started preschool, the last seven months of which have been at HeadStart. It's a long time away from me, 4 hrs/day, Monday--Thursday, but you love it so much I have a hard time keeping you home. So you get up and dressed every morning with Will, head out the door around 8:40, and I pick you back up at 12:45. Afternoons are spent with me while George sleeps.

The most dramatic thing that's happened to you since we moved last summer was the switch of your HeadStart teacher. You grew to LOVE Miss Kylie and when she announced that she got a job as a kindergarten teacher, you cried for hours. You still see her at school and give her hugs (you'd kiss her too, if she let you).

You're loving and affectionate, giggly and fun, as well as incredibly smart! You started reading a couple months ago after Miss Kylie suggested I start teaching you some phonics blends. You've picked it up quickly so far, and I'm excited for you to start discovering the joys of reading on your own.

Sometimes you tell me that you miss our old house. We have frequent conversations about how our lives are different now than a year ago. No chickens, less time with grandparents, a smaller house and yard, more time with Matt & Kim's family. Most of the time we're happy with the changes.

I love how enthusiastic you are about life. You want to see, hear, touch, eat and experience it all. Right now you have your own room - and we all sleep better at night, because you don't have anyone to talk to! You're a good big sister to George, and usually play well with Will and Emma one-on-one. But when someone crosses you, the whole family knows about it.

We tell you every day how beautiful you are! I wish I had your gorgeous curls! I feel like they define you and I hope they stay forever. You are so special, Lex. We love you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.